One Dies, 32 Suffer from Cooked African beans

A 12 year old boy has died after eating cooked African beans in Mangochi district.

Public relations officer for Mangochi police inspector Rodrick Maida said the incident occurred at Njaidi village.

Maida said the boy together with 32 people in the village ate cooked African beans believed to be poisonous.

“Thereafter all started vomiting and opening bowels and were rushed to Kalembo health centre where they were treated as outpatients,” explained Maida

The deceased died on the way back home whilst others responded to treatment.

Autopsy at Kalembo health centre revealed that death was due to food poisoning.

Share This