Electricity kills minor
ESCOM live power line has killed Steven Wisikesi (10) a standard 2 learner at St Augustine 3 Full Primary School.
Mangochi public relations officer Inspector Rodrick Maida said preliminary investigations indicate that the deceased together with his friend went to St Augustine 3 full primary school nearby stagnant water for a frog stone game.
“Whilst there the deceased suddenly caught ESCOM live power line that anchored a pole and instantly he was electrocuted to death,” said Maida.
He said this prompted his friend to shout for help but it was too late.
Postmortem conducted at Mangochi District Hospital revealed that death was due to electric shock.
“Police in the district is advising the general public to always treat ESCOM wire as live all the time to avoid reoccurrence of similar avoidable incidents,” Maida said.
Steven Wisikesi hailed from Village Mgundaphiri TA Mponda in the district of Mangochi.